Re: [OM] Contax G

Subject: Re: [OM] Contax G
From: "Bill Pearce" <billcpearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 17:53:22 -0500
Minolta certainly had some exceptionally talented design engineers, for
example the TTL flash system that they licensed to OLy years before they
could implement it. What they didn't have were either engineers that could
make cameras that were robust and could stand up to ordinary usage, or
executives that would allow them to make something like that. I had a friend
that had a late Minolta P&S film camera. he used it to photograph on job
sites. One day, he felt something hot in his pants pocket. It was the
minolta that was self-destructing, something to do with the built-in flash.
My regular repairman, one of the few remaining Nikon independent service
centers, can go on at length at the inability of certain cameras to stand up
to seemingly normal use, the big two being Minolta and Bronica. Had they
been able to be as durable as Nikon and Canon, things might have come out
vey very different. Perhaps a Pentax mount Sony?

Bill Pearce