Re: [OM] I think that I might have hit on a "Fang" this morning

Subject: Re: [OM] I think that I might have hit on a "Fang" this morning
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2011 16:34:32 +0100
Hmm, there might be a slight difference in a war, Rand; lives were not at stake
here.

I ask for this reason: I have just sold my wife's car, a 1999 Beetle.  For the
last 5 or 6 years it has had a squeal from the starter motor, but no other
fault in that area.  The buyer, a Slovakian, noticed it and remarked that he
would have to change the motor.  I assured him that it has worked for 6 years
and that I was confident that it would continue to do so.  He took me at my
word, and that's important to me.  I'd like to think that there is a chance
that you are dealing with trustworthy people in daily life.

I suppose that I might have kept to the "it doesn't work" line in your place,
but I seem to remember a different case some years ago: someone on the List
mentioned that he had managed to persuade the inheritor of a camera that it was
broken and that inheritor was an older person.  I didn't pipe up then, but I
felt uncomfortable at the situation.

Chris