Re: [OM] Contax G

Subject: Re: [OM] Contax G
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 10:13:15 -0500
> Thanks.  Very interesting stuff!

YW. Oh, by the way. I took a couple test photos with the A1 on that
challenge and the exposure pretty well nailed it. That 1.3 stops
variance depending on where I pointed the AF spot corresponded almost
perfectly to what I would have wanted. In fact, I played around with
the OM-3Ti's spot metering mode using the Hilite/Shadow buttons and it
also tracked very closely.

To restate what I just said, so it kinda sinks in...

When I spot-metered the deepest shadow in my test and hit the shadow
button, it gave me almost the exact same exposure as the A1's matrix
metering gave when I selected the same place for the AF to identify as
the subject.

When I spot-metered the light subject and pressed the Hilite button,
it gave me almost the exact same exposure as the A1's matrix metering
gave when I selected the same place for the AF to identify the
subject.

I've confirmed in real-world photography over the past seven years
that the A1's metering is spank'n good. What would you expect from the
very last "Minolta" branded cameras made?

AG