Re: [OM] Contax G

Subject: Re: [OM] Contax G
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 11:20:38 -0400
I really do intend to get into this in some depth this summer. I have pretty
steadfastly avoided P mode since the days of my Olympus C-6050. (Did it have a
P mode? I know it had something similar.)

But if you suppose the image is the thing, then how you arrive at the image you
perceived is less important. If I get what I want by lifting and shooting a
$5000 camera in P mode, then so be it. Getting the same thing through laborious
computations seems a bit drastic, though truth to tell, knowing how to make the
laborious computations invariably makes deploying P mode more, ah, efficacious.

Even Picasso painted realistic fruit in realistic bowels before he started
coloring outside the lines. Or, more accurately, drawing bizarre lines and then
coloring inside them.

--Bob