Re: [OM] sorry should have been vosonic vp8870

Subject: Re: [OM] sorry should have been vosonic vp8870
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 00:40:29 -0800
On 1/13/2011 10:28 PM, SwissPace wrote:
> The ipad has limited storage - max 64Gb , I looked into using the photo
> importer plug apple make to import to an ipod but this seems problematic and
> again storage limited.

I was thinking of using it with an external drive. But again that assumes that
it is a real computer that can manage a
mass storage device and directly view images on it.

I don't travel by motorcycle, so I carry a 250GB netbook+ and an external
drive, keep copies of images on both and keep
them in separate places.

>   My mistake and you are correct it was the 8870 I was looking at.
>
> Re the firmware, I saw they have an update in June with no read me but what I
> see when googling are hints to formatting the (removable) drive using windows
> to fat 32 and then reinserting it to the device, but this is on the vosonic
> forum which is down and only google search links are persiting.

Is this a real product? It's not for sale on any of the major places, only
fringe looking ones. By 'real' I mean likely
to be supported at least medium term.

Quizzical Moose