Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 12/1/2011: my oriental whisky altar

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 12/1/2011: my oriental whisky altar
From: Paul Laughlin <pelaughlin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 15:42:54 -0800
On 1/14/2011 2:10 PM, Bob Whitmire wrote:
> I never liked Scotch much until I had my first single malt. Don't even recall
> the brand. The best I ever had was proffered one holiday by a cousin. It was
> her late father's, and had been decanted into a crystal container for so long
> neither she nor her mother could recall what distillery produced it. I had a
> glass, and it was like sipping from Heaven's cup itself. Goodness gracious, I
> seriously considered homicide so that the decanter would not leave my
> premises. It was _that_ good.

Kind of like my introduction to Scotch.  I was moonlighting as a
bartender at a USAF officer's club and we got a new base commander.  He
informed the club custodian that he liked 25 year old Laphrohaig
Scotch.  Of course, when we got it stocked behind the bar, I had to try
it.  Really great.  Drank Laphrohaig for a number of years after that.
Just not always the 25 year old, though. LOL
Paul in Portland OR