[OM] vosonic vp8890

Subject: [OM] vosonic vp8890
From: SwissPace <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 23:06:29 +0100
Hi All,

Has anyone got one of these, I don't really want to take my laptop on my
upcoming trip so have been researching options, this looks good apart
from two main things,

1. it says its fat only but I see hints on the internet that maybe you
can format the disk as fat32 and then it would work, but I would like to
know if this is true as I have bought a gopro hd camera and will be
recording  some video and probably going over the 2Gb limit

2. It also says it does not support h.264 but I wonder if this has been
fixed with a firmware update.

I could get a netbook I suppose but I really want to save space, so the
other option is the xs smartdrive which does support fat32 and is much
cheaper but doesn't have a dislplay.