Re: [OM] photo gallery software

Subject: Re: [OM] photo gallery software
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 07:46:47 -0500
Reading your laments in conjunction with your defense of your design
decisions strongly reminds me of a TV show I saw a few years ago.  It
was about a chef whose main business was troubleshooting restaurants
with financial problems.  In one episode the restaurant owner had
decided to open for breakfast in addition to the lunch and dinner fare
that he had served all along.  He complained to the adviser that all he
had accomplished was increasing his overhead because, after an initial
surge of business, breakfast traffic has fallen off considerably.

The adviser examined the menu and told the owner that he thought his
breakfast menu choices were not the best.  In particular, he was
incredulous that Eggs Benedict was not on the menu because it was by far
one of any restaurant's most popular offerings.  He demanded of the
owner to explain why.  The owner's response?  "I don't like Eggs
Benedict".  Case closed.

Chuck Norcutt