Re: [OM] photo gallery software

Subject: Re: [OM] photo gallery software
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 03:06:10 +1300
Chris wrote

> But can't you merely Find and Replace the appropriate numbers on the
> pages?  And isn't there a software package lurking on your computer which
> will do a batch resize of the image files?

Probably yes to both, and I have used and do use Find and Replace
routinely when modifying downloaded & saved pages to get them to work on
my computer when not connected to the internet, but I prefer to do each one
individually for my own site, to make sure there's no new glitch created.

Batch resize is possible, but I prefer to check the quality of each thumbnail
to strike what I see as being the best balance between visual quality and
minimum file size. Images are not all created equal when it comes to these
considerations.

We'll see. I'll start with a small gallery and see what work-flow develops.
Don't hold your breath. I'm considering getting a temporary (seasonal) job to
help get over a funding bottle-neck ....  if successful this will see me
off-line
more ...  Probably fruit-picking; raspberries/cherries, maybe.

Brian Swale.