Re: [OM] photo gallery software

Subject: Re: [OM] photo gallery software
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2010 09:49:05 -0800
> From: "Jeff Keller" <om-list@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> My understanding is
> that the browser loads from top to bottom so the browser loads the picture
> after everything else is loaded and displayed.

Not necessarily true, depending on any CSS or scripts you may have.

Here's some Javascript I use for preloading. It pre-loads various slices of the
buttons on the header, so that when you roll over them with the cursor, you
don't have to wait for the image to be fetched across the Internet.

function preloadImages() {
        if (document.images) {
                Bytesmiths_over_News_over_down =
newImage("/images/Bytesmiths_over-News_over_d.jpg");
                Bytesmiths_over_over =
newImage("/images/Bytesmiths_over-over.jpg");
                Gallery_over_over = newImage("/images/Gallery_over-over.jpg");
                About_over_over = newImage("/images/About_over-over.jpg");
                Events_over_over = newImage("/images/Events_over-over.jpg");
                News_over_over = newImage("/images/News_over-over.jpg");
                preloadFlag = true;
        }
}

Target prices? How that works? I know quite a bit about farm policy. I come
from Indiana, which is a farm state. Deficiency payments -- which are the key
-- that is what gets money into the farmer's hands. We got loan, uh, rates, we
got target, uh, prices, uh, I have worked very closely with my senior
colleague, [Indiana Senator] Richard Lugar, making sure that the farmers of
Indiana are taken care of. -- Danforth Quayle