Re: [OM] [OT] Gramma knows best

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Gramma knows best
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 06:32:08 -0500
Chris, I discovered something many years ago. A soda (pop, cola, coke,
pepsi,  etc) which is dark, like Coca Cola, will close off the tubes
making equalisation difficult. Clear ones, like ginger ale and sprite,
won't. Over 12 years of extensive airline travel I observed passengers
struggling with ear equalisation who drank dark or unclear sodas.

AG

On Friday, November 5, 2010, Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Well, an ear candle is very soothing, Charlie.  But the lit end is away from
> your ear.
>
> I use one occasionally if my tubes are being stubborn while flying and I need
> to clear the ear -- the outer ear.
>
> Chris
> On 4 Nov 2010, at 19:41, Charles Geilfuss wrote:
>
>>  Hope you're feeling better Boris. Middle ear infections are no fun. At
>> least your granny was smart enough to use a warm brick and not a lit candle.
>> 8^O As for your doctor, if he looked in your ear and saw pus behind your
>> tympanic membrane then an antibiotic is the right treatment. If only clear
>> fluid then it is viral and you have to man up until it clears and thank your
>> lucky stars you're not four years old and getting one of these ear aches
>> every eight weeks.
>
> --

Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx