Re: [OM] [OT] Gramma knows best

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Gramma knows best
From: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 14:28:02 -0700 (PDT)
>  Hope you're feeling better Boris. Middle ear infections are no fun. At
>least your granny was smart enough to use a warm brick and not a lit candle.

Thanks Charlie and also using a lit candle sound kinky...:)

I am feeling very good now.  The virus came on Saturday and was gone by late
Monday evening, I was stupid to go to work.  My body was so weak, and thats
when I got the ear infection, walking through that huge parking lot.  I am
prone to getting ear and sinus infections.

I did my granmas trick with a technical touch.  I used an electric heating pad.

Watched a movie and that did it.  Gone.  No pills, nothing.

Now I have a question for those who know a thing or two on this list,
especially you, Charlie.

How much water the theory behind grammas treatment holds?

I have one and would like to know how wrong it is.

My theory goes like this...The ear is infected with bacteria and it aches.  By
heating it up for a while, I am pasteurising it in a sense and it dies...Dont
have theory about the role of the oil yet.  One thing I forgot to mention was
that gramma plugged my ear with a cotton ball to keep the oil inside. Dont have
explanation for that either...

How crooked does this simple theory sound?  Please, keep it simple...I am a
simple guy, as you well know.

Thanks in advance.

Best

Boris