Re: [OM] (OT) G12

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) G12
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 17:30:52 -0500
But the best camera is the one you have with you. I have taken G10 nfiles
quite large, despite that they looked good. That's just the camera I had
with me at the time. I've also gone large with files from the Panasonic LX2
and the Sony R1. The sony goes up better, but I had the AA filter removed.

Bill Pearce
I probably should stay out of this, but I can't for the life of me
understand why anyone would be looking at a G11/G12 or the Nikon equivalent
for a large print. You want a large print, you use good large print stuff,
like the 5D Mk II or the D3 or some such. Or, hell, a Phase One! You use a
G11 or G12 (at least in my understanding) when you want to carry a camera
without lugging 30 pounds on your back and still get acceptable image
quality--at small print or web-print sizes. If I carried a new G12 I would
not try to make a 20x30 out of anything I took, unless it were to test the
limits of Photoshop and Genuine Fractals. But I might use it for some 7x10s
or 5x7s, or images to put on the web showing all the fun I had on a trip to
the Rose of the Shires, where I most assuredly would not be lugging my Nikon
bag around.

--Bob Whitmire