Re: [OM] How to take proper product pics outside (WB?)

Subject: Re: [OM] How to take proper product pics outside (WB?)
From: Olaf Greve <ogreve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 11:24:35 +0200
Hi again,

 >I am going to call around a bit, but it would be handy to know the
 >exact thread diameter (is that 1/8th inch or so?) as well as the
 >correct thread indication. I'm about to Google this, but does anyone
 >perhaps know the exact dimensions of the width and thread size off
hand?

Alright, I just checked Google and found it; apparently it's a US
size, being 1/4"-20. As is no surprise, no local hardware shop seems
to have them. :(

I may have a "Plan B", in the form of sacrificing two table tripod
heads, by cutting them off, and glueing them to the alu strips. I
could of course do the same with the new swivel heads too, but I don't
want to glue those to the strips, of course. As a "plan C" (last
resort, really), I could try to find the closest match in terms of
metric bolts, and accept a less than perfect fit. This seems like a
bad idea though, as I fear it will wear out the thread.

To be continued...

Cheers,
Olafo