Re: [OM] How to take proper product pics outside (WB?)

Subject: Re: [OM] How to take proper product pics outside (WB?)
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 16:09:27 -0400
The Wiki entry on the subject of tripod threads says:
The historic standard threading for the bolt that attaches the camera to
the tripod is 1/4"-20tpi (threads per inch) British Standard Whitworth
(Whitworth or BSW) for smaller cameras or 3/8"-16tpi BSW for larger
cameras and pan/tilt heads. Bolts using 1/4"-20 UNC and 3/8"-16 UNC
screw threads are generally close enough to work when BSW bolts are
unavailable. Note: A BSW bolt in a UNC nut has play, but a UNC bolt in a
BSW nut will jam.

But I have used many UNC bolts in tripod threaded "nuts" and they've
always fitted quite well.  Never had a jam.

Chuck Norcutt