Re: [OM] Head Pounding Moment

Subject: Re: [OM] Head Pounding Moment
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 11:49:49 -0500

> I haven't seen any of the in-church photos but I've seen the outdoor
> stuff which was OK.  Except the mother was very distraught in that
> certain key photos she had very explicitly requested were never taken.
> In particular, there isn't a single photo that shows the bride's full
> (and lengthy) train.

What you are describing about the flash usage is EXACTLY what I'm seeing
this year. But come to think of it... It's also exactly what I've been doing
quite a bit of this year too. I like the look, but it has issues--so many
issues in fact, that it forces post-production editing on the photos and
frequently it, ahem, encourages converting to monochrome.

As to missing the bride's train... I'm screwed up on that very thing one
time by failing to get one full-length shot. Big mistake. You only make that
one once.

There are two methods I've seen with multiple shooters. One method is where
each shooter is getting everything, the other method is where one shooter
gets the key shots and the second shooter gets the secondary angles and
stuff the main shooter is too busy to get. I would never encourage the first
method because you either get double of everything or you miss something
because you are expecting the other shooter to have gotten it.

AG