Re: [OM] Head Pounding Moment

Subject: Re: [OM] Head Pounding Moment
From: "siddiq@xxxxxxx" <siddiq@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 16:05:28 -0700
oh. my. god. don’t even get me started on it.

i’m way too young to sound like you old farts (j/k) but there’s no substitute
for knowledge and know how and experience. *THAT’S* what you pay for. Sure
equipment goes a long way towards making it work, but a GOOD photog can get
great shots out of even a mediocre camera. A wanna be can get OK results most
of the time, especially since society today is full of dumbed down lowest
common denominator “this will do mentality” crowd, not willing to pay for what
it really takes. Sure, if ‘most of the time, and this is ok’ is good enough.
subtlety is a lost art.

no, i’m not jealous of my friend, just out of undergraduate college, who has a
carload of expensive new cameras, lights, computers, and inkjets, but it irks
me that she passes herself off as pro. she might look like it, but her products
sure don’t. and she’s booked solid every weekend months in advance. clearly
she’s doing something right. or they’re all crazy.

i’m gonna go load up two OM-1n’s with Fuji 400, stick a 50/1.8 on one, and a
28/3.5 on the other, and go shoot some stuff this weekend.

wow, i sound old and crabby, and i’m one of hte younger ones on the list (no
longer the youngest i’m afraid).

what have all turned me into?!

/s