Re: [OM] TOPE 43 shooting season announcement (last of the TOPEs?)

Subject: Re: [OM] TOPE 43 shooting season announcement (last of the TOPEs?)
From: Marc Lawrence <montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 10:51:49 +1000
On 13 July 2010 00:22, Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I would be happy to host TOPE on www.zone-10.com
>
> But, I would recommend that part of the change that we change it to
> twice a year. ...

I have contributed to TOPE apart from an initial flourish when I
joined. I keep meaning to, but then it passes by (I've even got a
separate Google Calendar I sync with everything that tells me the TOPE
periods. I do hope to contribute to the current one though (it's
apropos for me, as during this period I turn 40...today - 13th July -
in fact). I do have an idea for that, but it'll have to wait until
next week, instead of the today I was going for (family have started
to invade).

I like this idea of twice a year though. Surely with an extended
period, and only twice a year, and I can summon enough will power for
a couple of photos, yes? No excuses. It's generous of you to offer
Zone 10 too, Ken.

Finally, regardless of how it goes, thanks Olafo for all your effort
and enthusiasm with the Exhibition. Even though I may not have
contributed, that doesn't necessarily mean that its presence, and its
events, and its contributors, haven't on several occasions given me
the kick in the pants to get me taking photos rather than just talking
about or organising them.

Incidentally, for anyone curious about the bokeh of an Argus B, I just
found out that it has a *collapsible* lens (I didn't RTFM, and it was
an unexpected gift from a friend), and found out a third of the way
through a film, so I should have lots of bokeh to share shortly. ;)

Cheers,
Marc
Noosa Heads, Oz
http://www.parknmeter.com/gallery