Re: [OM] [OT] RS6000 was Re: I need your help - Mac Users

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] RS6000 was Re: I need your help - Mac Users
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 18:46:22 -0400
I looked for a battery but couldn't find one.  IBM says it was
discontinued in   The specs for the battery and charger can be found in
the IBM sales manual which is captured here.
<http://www.nand.net/~rjhawkin/ppc850tp/sales-detail.html#TOC003>
The battery is a 16 cell NiMH battery pack with an embedded
microprocessor.  If you're lucky maybe it can be rebuilt.  Here are the
specs.  I don't know what kind of NiMH cells were used in 1998.
Intelligent Battery Pack:

     * 16 NiMH cells, 1700mAH/cell (850)
     * Microprocessor for power management
     * Nominal Voltage - 9.6VDC (850)
     * Nominal Capacity - 3300mAh (850)

Battery Operating Hours and Charging Time Estimates:

     * Power off/Suspend charging - 1.5 hours
     * Charge during operation - 2.0 hours
     * Battery Operation (see note) - 2-5 hours
     * Quick Charger (850)
           o Discharging (Discharge and charge cycle) - 7.0 hours;
Charging - 1.5 hours

NOTE: Operating system, application, and user dependent.

Quick Charger Power Specifications (850)

     * Input Voltage - 100-240VAC
     * Input Current - 0.45-0.8A
     * Input Frequency - 50-60Hz
     * Output Characteristics: