Re: [OM] I need your help - Mac Users

Subject: Re: [OM] I need your help - Mac Users
From: SwissPace <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 10:17:55 +0200
I studied this a lot at the time, the reason is the memory is quite
close to the cpu's and apple's priority was quietness, so they specified
the huge heatsinks and temperature sensors, the aftermarket memory I
bought only had small heatsinks (same as the HP servers we have but it
also didn't have the temperature sensor so it ran fine with the fans
idling pretty much all the time. the later memory I bough had the huge
heatsinks and sensors so when I boot my mac or wake it from sleep it
sounds like an aircraft taking off for about 30 secs as the fans run at
top speed and then  go back to idle, I am only doing photo editing so am
not really stressing the machine and it remains quiet apart from disk
noise, I can't stand noisy computers when taht is the only sound, at
work there is so much background noise you don't notice them so much,
but I did swap my solaris machine (ultra 10) to an intel environment on
a PC because I found the Ultra10 too loud.