Re: [OM] computer monitors by brand

Subject: Re: [OM] computer monitors by brand
From: Sandy Harris <sandyinchina@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 18:34:45 +0800
The whole business is fairly complex.

For a while I taught English to a group of engineers and managers at
AOC, a Taiwan-owned monitor manufacturer with a large plant near
Fuzhou, where I am in China. They told me less than 10% of their
products were sold with their own brand name.

Over 90% of their production was OEM manufacturing; they built it to
specification for some other company. Those OEM products get the
customer's brand name, part number, et cetera. Of course, they also
used components from various other firms. For example. a Dell monitor
might be built by AOC using a Samsung screen.