Re: [OM] Straight from the DIY departement...

Subject: Re: [OM] Straight from the DIY departement...
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2010 23:55:35 +0200
I'm with you on this one, Ken.
I have used many, many different kinds of cameras by now, and
there is not a single camera made which one can operate "by feel"
like an OM (specifically, OM-1) body.

A Leica M comes close, especially with some of the tabbed lenses
which are easy to pre-focus to close to the desired distance,
though I an do the same with both my OM 90/2.0 and 24/1.0 by now,
once one really gets to know them.

Still, no other camera is as adjustable "by feel" (aperture, shutter
speed,
focus all right where they belong, as three co-incident "cylindrical"
adjustments
- within easy reach) and ready to shoot as is an OM body.

What a wonderful design. I hope this list can continue to celebrate it
for years to come, especially as Maitai-san is no longer with us now.

Dawid