Re: [OM] Certainly a beaten subject already,

Subject: Re: [OM] Certainly a beaten subject already,
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2010 21:30:20 -0800
On 3/1/2010 3:12 PM, Andrew Fildes wrote:
> I just threw up a gallery here after wandering around Sydney (Circular Quay)
> a couple of weeks ago.
> http://www.pbase.com/afildes/ep2_sydney

The tourist snaps are nice. I like some images a lot. Favorite with
people is 1, but I like the mid-tones punched up a bit.
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/Fildes/Sydney210-1-1.htm>

My favorite without people is 11. I love texture in walls, and such
things, so I had to emphasize the texture. Did I go overboard? I'd guess
most folks would go somewhere in between.
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/Fildes/Sydney210-1-11.htm>
-----------
Andrew Fildes wrote:

Tried that and then turned it back - I like the bronze sheen.

On 02/03/2010, at 11:12 AM, manuel viet wrote:

> I would have turned the tree roots to b&w myself, but that's just me

I like the natural color sheen, but the whole thing is too blue for my
taste. Desaturate it and you may see what I mean. With the blue taken
down and a little richness added to the color, I like it a lot. To me,
it also works pretty well in B&W, although straight desaturation is too
flat for me. <cid:part1.03030903.05050100@gmail.com>

Hmmm. Now that I've messed with this one, it's a tie for favorite
without people.

Moose