Re: [OM] Really OT .. Facebook

Subject: Re: [OM] Really OT .. Facebook
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 08:56:36 +1100
I ignore most requests. Apologies to some list members who have sent
me one. I avoid Arsebook as much as possible - it's useful for making
contact with people you haven't seen for a while. Some of my ex-
students have said 'Hi' which is always nice, of course. The downside
is that you can get stuck in idle chatter on it for long periods.
The really annoying thing is that some no longer check their email
very often because they're using social networking sites to talk to
the world. If you're trying to contact someone conventionally, for
business, it becomes frustrating. Ah well, it'll fade like all these
things. Apparently the young are already losing interest and the
biggest tke-up now is by the elderly. Hence the interest around
here? :-)
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx