Re: [OM] Really OT .. Facebook

Subject: Re: [OM] Really OT .. Facebook
From: Charles Geilfuss <charles.geilfuss@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 09:00:45 -0500
John,
  I'm hardly an expert but having been on FB a few months I'll give you my
impression. You may be getting Friend requests from strangers because you
have given too little information. That in combination with a non-unique
name may cause lots of hits by people looking for similar named people. In
my case I've found that by listing when and where I graduated from High
School, college and medical school gives an accurate search for people
looking for me. It also helps that I have a unique last name (there are only
about 250 people named geilfuss in the US. FB also picks up on who you have
been e-mailing via the e-mail address you used to join FB; but these should
be people you already know. Hope that helps.

Charlie