Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 15/12/2009: Nathan uses flash!!! Don't missit, it

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 15/12/2009: Nathan uses flash!!! Don't missit, it is the first time in years!!!
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 16:41:04 -0800
Charles Geilfuss wrote:
> That's priceless Piers. Whoever captured the shot had perfect timing.
> Interesting though, on this side of the pond a similar bird is called a
> Chickadee (after its song), but in the same family is another called Tufted
> Titmouse.

I see from Wikipedia that what I though was simply a Titmouse that we
see here has become an Oak Titmouse.
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oak_Titmouse>

We also have flocks of Bushtits come through, mostly in the winter.
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bushtit> Much smaller than the Chicadees
and Oak Titmouses (Titmice?) Not very visually interesting, but very
active and fun to watch as a busy group.

Moose