Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 15/12/2009: Nathan uses flash!!! Don't miss it, it

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 15/12/2009: Nathan uses flash!!! Don't miss it, it is the first time in years!!!
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 06:46:10 -0500
When shooting photos such as this
<http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?l=5850ecb95b&pid=971644&id=1226811003>
Set the camera's flash mode to "slow sync" or what I would call
"dragging the shutter" (see E-3 manual page 70, 72).  That will allow a
slow shutter speed to pick up some more ambient light to fill the
background.  The flash will freeze the subject and the IS will help take
care of any camera shake during a longish exposure.  If the camera's TTL
control doesn't go to as long as 1/4 second for the background I'd
switch to manual exposure control using (about) 1/4 second and adjust
the flash exposure with the aperture.

Every time I look at an Olympus manual I can't believe how badly it is
written.  Try to decipher exactly how you change the flash mode.  :-(

Chuck Norcutt