Re: [OM] OT: G11 review [wasBefore you go, Moose ...]

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: G11 review [wasBefore you go, Moose ...]
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 07:05:50 -0500
This shot is taken at 28mm equivalent at 1/60.  As I just commented on
Nathan's party pics, you could have gotten much better background
lighting by "dragging the shutter".  I'm sure you could have gotten away
with 1/15 or maybe even slower.  That would be a two stop brightening of
the background without affecting the flash exposure.

I don't know what modes the G11 has that would allow that but shooting
flash in manual mode is a piece of cake with digital.  For this dark
venue try setting the shutter at 1/15 and then take a couple of test
pics by varying the aperture until you get what looks good.  With a
little practice you can nail it within one or two test shots.

I seem to to recall that I gave you this same lesson with regards to the
5D and 540-EZ flash.  :-)

Chuck Norcutt