Re: [OM] The Eye In The Woods

Subject: Re: [OM] The Eye In The Woods
From: Richard Man <richard.lists@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 01:01:06 -0800
How about if you tell me what I want to learn? How are the selection
of the images? How are the presentation order? Does it say anything to
anyone? What can I do to improve my photography or presentation?

We know Moose for example prefers higher contrast images. That is
fine. I am trying to get lower contrast in my images. Nothing wrong
with either approach, but can we talk about *photography*? I don't
rightly care how my foliage glows, whether it is Vuescan artifact or I
pushing the wrong button, not my concern. But do tell me whether you
think it is a good photo or not, glowing foliage or otherwise. If you
prefer one or the other? Why? If it is crap, tell me. I am more
interested in pre-production on getting the effects I want rather than
the post production aspect. Sure I dodge and burn. I just wasted 6
11x14 on a print trying to get the best dodging and burning, but the
points remain: Vuescan, Canon 5D, Olympus E-3 etc. are a mean - a mean
to get the image. At my dayjob, I am more bithead than most people. I
write compiler code generators and optimizers. On my photography, I am
looking for art and artistry. Why did we all join this list - because
at some point (most of us) has an Olympus OM on our hands, enabling us
... to make images.

I am all for people to talk about tech stuff, just you know, change
the subject etc.
--
// richard m: richard @imagecraft.com
// w: http://www.imagecraft.com/pub/Portfolio09/ blog: