Re: [OM] Adventures in raw processing WAS: Who in the world, writes this

Subject: Re: [OM] Adventures in raw processing WAS: Who in the world, writes this junk?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 21:13:16 -0500
Oh, but we do see JPEG output.  It's not clear to me what Bridge does
but, if you use Breeze Browser or its clone, FastStone, both display the
embedded JPEG when displaying a Canon raw file.  Therefore, what you see
is the camera's version of the image according to the camera's settings
at the time of the shot.  Strange, I've never done an ACR conversion
exactly according to the camera's settings and then compared the ACR
conversion with the camera's embedded JPEG.  Something else to add to
the "to do" list.  :-)

Chuck Norcutt