Re: [OM] Adventures in raw processing WAS: Who in the world, writes this

Subject: Re: [OM] Adventures in raw processing WAS: Who in the world, writes this junk?
From: Russ Butler <rbinnj@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 08:19:18 -0500
Russ Butler wrote:

> Anyway, I downloaded a couple and had a look.
> http://fourthirds-user.com/images/177/raw/P3072068.ORF
> &
> http://fourthirds-user.com/images/177/raw/P3072077.ORF
> (picked this for the violet which is often a pita for me.)

I was wrong about ImageMagick. It does produce something useful from
http://fourthirds-user.com/images/177/raw/P3072077.ORF

using the command line:
convert P3072077.ORF -gamma 2.2 -channel all -contrast-stretch 0x0
P3072077.imc.g2.2.tif
downsized to jpeg:
http://nfs.nfshost.com/tmp/P3072077.imc.g2.2-W.JPG

But if one wishes to use the command line for raw conversion, it's much
better to go to the source, dcraw, as Moose suggested long ago in this
thread.

this command line for dcraw (v8.98)
dcraw -T -w P3072077.ORF
gives a tiff using the camera white balance
downsized to jpeg:
http://nfs.nfshost.com/tmp/P3072077-dcraw-T-w-W.JPG

The tips on the flowers are blown in this but that could probably be
fixed by using other dcraw options.

--
Russ Butler (NJ USA)