Re: [OM] Adventures in raw processing WAS: Who in the world, writes thi

Subject: Re: [OM] Adventures in raw processing WAS: Who in the world, writes this junk?
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 17:32:04 -0600

> Ah, but do you have simultaneous raw and camera processed JPEG so you
> can compare what the camera thinks it should look like.  Actually, that
> raises an interesting question.  Who is the authority?  The camera or
> the off-camera converter?

Very good question, Chuck. Based on my own extensive experience with the E-1
(just short of 50,000 pictures so far), I'm going to suggest that the camera
is the authority.  In fact, rarely will you ever see any grousing about
Olympus' in-camera images except for loss of resolution as compared to
computer-based conversion.

However, the caveat is that this is specific to some Olympus cameras.
According to comments from various sources, the E-1, E-330 and now E-P1 seem
to be about the closest in color interpretation to each other.

AG