[OM] Daft

Subject: [OM] Daft
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 19:59:34 +1100
Had a brane fade at the weekend - I was shooting a couple of pretty
girls with my 'new' E-3  doing 'lesbian vampire' images and the studio
flashes stopped firing. I couldn't work it out. So I just switched to
the 5D2, cursing quietly.
Then later I realised that I'd got it set to 'flash off' as usual in A
or M mode - I'm not really used to having a pop-up flash and it never
occurred to me that setting it not to fire it would also disable the
external flash shoe! How daft is that? I mean - if you've attached a
flash or trigger, why would you want to set it not to fire them?
Strewth.
Er, I have got this right haven't I - I can't find a mention in the
manual (yes, I even resorted to reading the manual!)
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx