Re: [OM] 20mm f/3.5 Macro (non-MC)

Subject: Re: [OM] 20mm f/3.5 Macro (non-MC)
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 07:52:46 -0400
An OM-2S, OM-4x or OM-2000 will pre-fire the mirror and stop down
mechanism when used with the selftimer.  The mirror and stop down will
fire after about 2 seconds thus giving about 8 seconds for the
vibrations to damp down before the shutter fires.  Actually, I'm not
100% sure the 2S also pre-fires the aperture along with the mirror but
I'm not at home to check it out.  But the stop down mechanism is the
major vibration culprit so be sure to check.

Other means of vibration reduction is to place your hand heavily on the
camera during exposure or use a bean or shot bag.

Chuck Norcutt