Re: [OM] 20mm f/3.5 Macro (non-MC)

Subject: Re: [OM] 20mm f/3.5 Macro (non-MC)
From: Alan Wood <alanmwood@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 14:26:14 -0700 (PDT)
Dawid Loubser wrote:

> I just wanted to comment that I think the 20mm f/3.5 that I
> received from Clay is an incredibly early (and, consequently,
> rare?) version. It's not multicoated (i.e. no "MC" marking).

There are at least 5 versions of the markings, 2 single coated and 3
multicoated:
http://www.alanwood.net/photography/olympus/macro-lens-20-35.html

> Oh, and another question - what do you guys do to tame
> vibrations from an OM-1 when using a lens like this for
> natural-light work?

I doubt if you will find a tripod that is sufficiently stable.  The ideal stand
is a VST-1 with extension bar and B adapter:
http://www.alanwood.net/photography/olympus/macrophoto-stand.html

Linhof used to make a really stable copying stand, with a column as thick as my
arm and a rack-and-pinion nearly a metre long. I have never seen any other
copying stand that came anywhere near its stability.
--
Alan Wood
http://www.alanwood.net (Unicode, special characters, pesticide names)