Re: [OM] 20mm f/3.5 Macro (non-MC)

Subject: Re: [OM] 20mm f/3.5 Macro (non-MC)
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 10:06:14 +0200
That really sucks, I love my OM-1n, but I am happy to perhaps relegate
all
Macro shooting to the OM-2n (which, I must admit, does appear to be a
lot smoother).

It is amazing how well a human being damps vibrations, no? The OM-1 is
the only camera
I've used with which I can get tack sharp 1/15s exposures hand-held
(say, with a 24mm lens)
but which absolutely sucks on a tripod for similar exposure durations.

Anyway, my plan B is to potentially think of building a leaf shutter
(like from an old busted Mamiya RB lens, those shutters induce an
effectively
zero moment of inertia to the system when they fire) in between the
lens,
bellows, and camera somewhere. That might be an all-round better
solution,
I have found leaf shutters to be much superior for delicate Macro work
(when
I do e.g. 2:1 with a Mamiya RB67). Of course, that may not be so
trivial, but it's
just an idea...