Re: [OM] (OT) More From Acadia

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) More From Acadia
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 17:49:00 -0400
Ah, that reminds me of a story.  It was a Saturday morning CNN business
show that brought experts in to advise business owners how they could
improve their businesses.  The business of interest was a restaurant
which had originally served only lunch and dinner.  In the interest of
spreading the overhead the proprietress had decided to add breakfast.
But the breakfast business just wasn't going very well.  Hardly enough
customers to make it worth while.  In reviewing the operations the
advisor eventually came to the menu and exclaimed with some surprise
that "Eggs Benedict" was not on the menu.  She said that "Eggs Benedict"
was one of the most popular and profitable items one could have on the
breakfast menu.  She wanted to know why it wasn't offered.  The
proprietress answered: "Because I don't like Eggs Benedict".  At that
point the advisor had to make it clear that the owner's job was to offer
and prepare the food... she didn't have to eat it.  :-)

The follow-up some time later found the restaurant's breakfast business
was booming.

Chuck Norcutt