Re: [OM] (OT) More From Acadia

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) More From Acadia
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 13:53:31 -0500

> A good lesson there. One a lot of artists choose to ignore. Except art
> isn't breakfast. Well, I've had a few breakfasts that rose to the
> level of art, but that's another story. <g> I'm kicking around some
> ideas where are not sufficiently baked (still half-baked). Will get
> back when they're done. <g>

Reminds me of the saying:  "A painting is never finished, only abandoned."

And another from Northern Exposure: "It's not your painting anymore. It
stopped being your painting the moment that you finished it." - Jeff Melvoin

And finally, one that I think has a lot of bearing today with our
unbelievable image production level since digital photography: "I say that
good painters imitated nature; but the bad ones vomited it." - Miguel de
Cervantes (1613)

Puke away!

AG