Re: [OM] (OT) More From Acadia

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) More From Acadia
From: <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 19:37:44 -0400
Cc: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
---- Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> And, no, those shots aren't selling for $2000 apiece. They aren't "limited
> edition" and they aren't printed 48" wide!!!  The largest prints that
> largely sell are in the 8x10 to 11x14 size. Surprisingly, though, 5x7 prints
> do quite well!

11x14 is my meat and potatoes. I'm trying to get people to look at 14x18, which
is a very nice size print in the 2/3 format. A little bigger than 11x14, but
not so big as to demand a lot of wall space. The actual image is 8-1/2 x 13,
matted to 14x18. The 5x7s did well in past years, but I bumped the price on
them this year to actually alow me to make a profit on them and sales have
dropped off. Not that I mind. The 5x7 is a royal pain in the patoot to mount &
mat and sleeve, etc., for the small return on investment.

Speaking of Isle Royale, have you read Winter Study by Nevada Barr? It's
mystery/suspense, with a park ranger as protagonist, and Winter Study is one of
her two best. A real corker. Especially if you're familiar with Isle Royale.
She wrote an earlier book set there as well, "A Superior Death," I think it was
called. Anyway, she's good, and Winter Study is about as good as she gets.

--Bob Whitmire
www.bwp33.com