[OM] (OT) More From Acadia

Subject: [OM] (OT) More From Acadia
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 09:56:07 -0400
Okay, at

http://www.bwp33.com/page6/page6.html

you'll find the Mt. Desert page with a bunch of new images. A caveat:
I wasn't documenting my time on the island. For reasons I may come to
regret later, I did not take any people pictures, or journal/
documentary shots. The goal was marketable images of the island, taken
in adverse weather conditions, 'cause that's what I had when I was
there. I sell prints in a shop in Southwest Harbor, and I need some
local pictures as well as my usual fare. That said, the conditions did
give me a chance to get in some brook practice, which I've been sorely
lacking. That's why so many pictures of brooks with fuzzy water.
Sooner or later I'll settle on one of them and run with it. The others
will go into the archives.

One picture, Somes Sound Lupines, shows a hint of blue sky, which I
saw on the day I left. Oh, well, it's not that far. I can and will go
back.

Nor do I want to give the impression I think all these shots are
marketable. Time will be the judge, but after a week or so I suspect
I'll take some of them down. Bob's Secret Acadia Spot comes
immediately to mind. That's for the group. Note the white sky. A pox
on white skies, unless there are tendrils of mist hanging down to show
it's fog, not just a white, blown out sky. I suppose I could photoshop
in a blue sky, but that would not match the overall lighting of the
location.

At any rate, enjoy. Comments and criticisms always welcomed, if you're
of a mind to make them.

--Bob Whitmire
www.bwp33.com