Re: [OM] GPS suggestions

Subject: Re: [OM] GPS suggestions
From: "Sue Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 09:29:05 -0500
Your road signs are, well, vague, and sometimes lacking totally. The road
numbering conventions are incomprehensible except apparently, to the ancient
Romans.

Last summer, we were driving from our hotel in Bagno Vignoni to Assisi. Our
Garmin told us to use a certain exit, but it was closed for road repairs. We
went on and it did the dreaded recalculate and sent us off to the next exit.
It took us over old dirt barely one lane farm roads with what appeared to be
chariot tracks directly to the public parking we needed.

Now, if it could only do something about Italian towns being all up hill...

Bill Pearce