Re: [OM] GPS suggestions

Subject: Re: [OM] GPS suggestions
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2009 22:15:06 +0100
It's late and I'm about to go to bed, so I'll answer your points
piecemeal, Moose, if you'll forgive me.

My point about my sister-in-law is that she has no clue where she is
on her travels.  If she had a breakdown she would not be able to tell
her husband, father or sister where in our (quite small) country where
she was travelling to, which road, the nearest town.

Now, I grant you the usefulness of your GPS for its recording
facilities and for its ability to add to your knowledge, I reckon you
have a clue where you are all the time.  So it complements your own
sense of direction.  My sis has _no_ clue.

And I think that it is important to know where you are going before
you go.  I admit that my wife and I do our own thing when it comes to
travelling: we follow no beaten tracks, normally.  But we have an aim
to our aimlessness (I hope that this doesn't sound like "known
unknowns") ...

Night night (more on the morrow)

Chris