Re: [OM] (OT & OT) Panorama problem

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT & OT) Panorama problem
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 22:03:33 -0300
Indeed.

I used a small Manfrotto tripod, a model which doesn't have a removable
head. I didn't bother to go to the garage, open the trunk of my Fiat,
pick and climb back upstairs with the other tripod with a much better
Manfrotto head, which is not pano either.

What I suppose is that the 720, and perhaps all the newer Stylus, are
particularly good in the pano-mode department.
They display a blue frame with marked areas for overlapping, but only
for when camera is horizontal.
I made the first pano with the camera horizontal, but those who sweep
the right and left corners of the room were done with camera tilted to
vertical, pano-mode 'on'.

I made the first pano with the camera's own software, and it did almost
very good, but I had used the zoom at the wide end. It didn't show a
wrong perspective as Autopano Pro in its dafault spherical perspective,
it only does Flat pespective - but having used the wide I had no choice
other than a heavy crop. So, I started over.

Fernando.