Re: [OM] Panorama problem

Subject: Re: [OM] Panorama problem
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 09:29:36 -0700
I have encountered the moving boat problem before too. What I try to do
is shoot the normal sequence and then go back and fill in a couple shots
at the beginning after the boat or whatever has left the scene. Then
when you stitch select only one frame with the boat in it. With this
method you can add or subtract elements at leisure. For example, in this
pano I had my son-in-law and Scout each step up for only one frame and
then exit. Autostitch and the commercial products based upon it e.g.
Autopano Pro,  are pretty good at sorting out the correct sequence. This
pano is a quick and dirty stitch at low rez for example only. Horseshoe
Basin in the Pasayten Wilderness.
<http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/HorseshoeBasin/horseshoepano3.jpg>

Mike