Re: [OM] (OT & OT) Panorama problem

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT & OT) Panorama problem
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 12:54:33 -0400
For audio, time needs to run in reverse to better relate hearing and
income.  Your peak hearing ability occurs at about age 19 which is at
the wrong end of the income scale.  After you retire your hearing has
deteriorated so much that you'll never be able to hear the difference in
what you're then able to afford.  :-)

 From this page <http://hypertextbook.com/facts/2003/ChrisDAmbrose.shtml>
"The range of hearing for a healthy young person is 20 to 20,000 hertz.
The hearing range of humans gets worse with age. People lose the ability
to hear sounds of high frequency as they get older. The highest
frequency that a normal middle-aged adult can hear is only 12-14
kilohertz. Also, the hearing range for men worsens more quickly than the
hearing range for women."

And for research on causes:
<http://seniorjournal.com/NEWS/Health/6-02-10-HearingAbilityasWeAge.htm>

Chuck Norcutt