Re: [OM] That's Not a Bokeh, This is a Bokeh

Subject: Re: [OM] That's Not a Bokeh, This is a Bokeh
From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 May 2009 18:17:18 -0400
I've had two different 50/1.4 lenses. My first one was a black nose, non MC
version. Serial number 692912. I don't use it to take pictures because I
dropped it and damaged the rear element several yrs ago (Damn!). I later got
the latest version if the 50/1.4, the >1,100,000 serial number version. I
think the first one I had was what you're calling the later version that is
uniform all over but less sharp. I always thought my mij version 50/1.8 was
a better lens. The newest 1.4, however, is a far better lens than the first
one I had, it is sharper and still uniform. It is sharp even wide open.

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography