Re: [OM] (OT) A few shots from Escape to Florida

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) A few shots from Escape to Florida
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 08:37:45 -0400
Hey, and here I thought when you went to Florida you went to Vero Beach
(east coast).  Fort de Soto is getting pretty close to my new winter
hangout in Palmetto (just north of the intersection of I-275 and US-41)
on the south side of Tampa Bay.  Maybe we'll cross paths there since,
from now on, we'll be spending January thru March there.

I haven't posted any shots from there yet but discovered that Myakka
River State Park (about 45 minutes south of Palmetto) is a great place
for Florida landscapes.  I'm sure I'm going to be visiting that place
often in the future, especially when I can be there in other than
mid-afternoon.  Unfortunately, they don't open until 8:00 am but are
open until sundown.

I also discovered a great Florida landscape spot with pond and birds
just a couple miles away from my new digs.  Unfortunately, it was the
day before I left and I wasn't carrying a camera.  But it's along a
little traveled public roadway with no hours restrictions.

Chuck Norcutt