Re: [OM] Latest flash card rebates [was Camedia Card Reader]

Subject: Re: [OM] Latest flash card rebates [was Camedia Card Reader]
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 08:57:24 -0500

> Something with a MkII in it possibly?  As far as I know e-thingies
> hardly tickle non-UDMA, though I have only noted a write-time
> disappointment after switching from E-330 to E-1 during a gymnastics
> meet when I was shooting RAW in sequence.  Essentially I was shooting
> a sequence "movie" of an entire routine.  The E-1 just stopped dead
> partway through.  That's an interesting experience.  Switch to HQ.

That was the problem I eluded to yesterday.  When you stuff a sequence of
10-12 RAW images in the E-1 and then allow it to partially drain then pack
the buffer back out again, about the third or fourth time you do this the
camera write process will temporarily lockup.  Of course, I can never
recreate this in testing, but it will sure do it at the most inopportune
times.  Oh, and yes, this occured with both of our E-1s.  It takes 5-10
minutes for the camera to recover and then it is fine again.

If you can't wait the 5-10 minutes, just pop the battery out to reset the
camera.  I've never had a problem with corrupted files when doing this, but
when I'm shooting something important I'll go to another card just in case.

AG