Re: [OM] Ritz going under

Subject: Re: [OM] Ritz going under
From: Charles Geilfuss <charles.geilfuss@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 16:39:20 -0500
    In my area there are four Ritz stores and the abilities vary widely. In
two about half the employees are pretty knowledgable; in the others not so
much. One is a friend of mine and she is quite helpful and a damn good
photographer to boot.
  Like many businesses they bit off more than they could chew. Ritz has
swallowed up a number of other chains (Wolf comes to mind) but off course
are competing with the likes of WalMart, Costco and on-line processors. They
have done some pretty stupid things. Case in point: I dropped off a roll of
film at a Ritz near where I work. They told me they no longer developed film
but would send it out. I assumed (silly me) that meant the Ritz across town
that I *know* still develops film but *noooo* they sent it to their central
lab in Atlanta and promptly returned it in nine days. Grrr.

Charlie

PS Of course I warned them years ago they had better stock Olympus or they'd
belly up. ;^)