Re: [OM] E-30

Subject: Re: [OM] E-30
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 16:36:41 +1100
Indeed - and I do like the pick-up of detail on the trunk that you
achieved.
One of the reasons for the bushfires is the relentless annual
shedding of bark debris by these 'gums' and 'stringybarks' along with
leaves and branches. It creates a layer that restrains grass growth
as well. The trees survive and the regrowth is swift - I must get
some images of that over the next few weeks and months. It is
remarkable to see.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx